ADSW has over 150 members, representing all of Scotland’s 32 local authorities.
The Association of Directors of Social Work (ADSW) is the professional association of senior social work managers in local authorities in Scotland. ADSW exists to promote social justice and protect the interests of the people who use social work and social care services. We do this by:
- influencing and advising parliament, local and national government in relation to policy and legislation
- promoting social justice and the needs of vulnerable citizens
- assisting members and their councils in implementing policy and legislation
- developing, supporting and promoting best practice and innovation
- providing comment and opinion to the media
We are led by a Presidential team made up of our President, Vice-President and immediate Past President.
ADSW is governed by an Executive Committee made up of the presidential team plus representatives from councils around the country. The work of the association is structured around six Standing Committees populated by senior managers working in the specific area or directors and chief social work officers with a special interest in that area. The standing committees are:
CONSTITUTION | CODE OF PRACTICE & ETHICS | HISTORY OF ADSW
OLM Systems is a leading provider of technology and consultancy services to the government and public sector bodies, other not-for-profit groups and the private sector. We work in partnership with our customers to support their transformation objectives, improve efficiency and performance, and lower costs. www.olmsystems.com